20.3.08

旅行
[travel & flowers]


I am in Kanoya yet again for my business trip.
I will return Saturday night, by ferry, see some people I love, and set out once again on Monday; this time to Kumamoto for a meeting.
The day after that, I will journey to Beppu, Oita Prefecture, to substitute for one week. Even though I will lose valuable holidays, I will also get a chance to see the beauty that is Beppu, and I will be paid to go.
Hopefully work doesn't take up all of my time. I would love to do some Onsen hunting.

I've been listening to the vinyl of Radiohead's new album (albeit, online), and it is quite stirring. I wish I had a turntable, and that I could've somehow brought it to the hotel with me.
I still go shopping for vinyl from time to time, but every record I buy I give to my friend Hana, as he is part of a collaboration of DJ's in my town, Kokubu.
So far, I have given him "The Karate Kid OST", "Superman OST", and David Bowie's "Loving The Alien (Dub Remix, House Remix, Personal Remix)", all on vinyl.
Blasting "You're The Best" at 5am in Rastas (the bar which Hana works at) while doing shots, singing along, and getting weird looks from the last few remaining customers is certainly one of my high-points in Japan.
Hana and I are trying to plan a trip to his hometown, Nara, before I leave to spend some much needed time together, take in the sights, and hang out with his parents (in Japan, that means an unofficial drinking contest with us and his father).
Just thinking about it gets my hopes perhaps far too high. It's difficult for both of us to book holidays.
Even still, his is the most important friendship I have so far found in Japan--talking for four hours about philosophy the first time we hung out while not being able to speak the same language can hopefully give some idea as to why.
He knew I was in Kanoya tonight, but called to say hi.

Fucking wonderful.

No comments: