11.8.07

Fukuoka.

I'm writing this in my hotel room in Fukuoka.
I was rather spontaneously sent to this area by plane this morning to help out as there aren't enough foreign teachers at the moment.
Getting to schools you've never been to before can be difficult, as it's always a matter of catching 1 or more trains and usually several busses.
There's also the matter of the time that it takes. It's normal to have to make a two-hour trip to get to your classroom.
Except for today. Today took almost 6 hours of trains, planes, and automobiles, followed by teaching 3 classes.
It's as difficult as it is tiring.
But I should be honoured that they decided to send me on this important journey.
I'm also happy to see an area of Japan that I wouldn't have seen any other way, even though it is only for two days.
To take advantage of the trip, I cancelled my return flight ticket and bought a Shinkansen ticket instead; this way I can spend about an hour and a half sitting by a window and taking it all in.
While in the air this morning, I realized I had made a good decision.
These lower areas of Japan have some of the most beautiful nature I have ever seen.
I'll be back in Kokubu come Sunday, and I can't wait.
Some foreign teachers and Japanese teachers are all heading out to an island for two days of camping on the ocean.
The only thing I can be sure of is that I will be wearing nothing but Thai pants and either sandals or my Tabi's for the entire time, depending on if the situation calls for relaxation or Parkour.

I fucking need this holiday, for not many other reasons than that the last few days have held more drama than I thought myself capable of handling, and I almost couldn't.
It's an event that took approximately only two days, but I still can't figure out a way to structure it onto paper (or HTML) just yet, and since I'm worried about Kaare's BAHD (Blog Attention Deficit Disorder), I will end this one here, and work my next adventurous story out in my head.

Love,
Jesse

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like your job is eventful none the less...with all the random trips you seem to take. I hope you are able to snap a few photo's on your train ride back....
Hope you have fun camping...becareful of the ocean though...I had a weird dream about it last night.
love ya, mom

kaare.iverson said...

it's true
rambling blogs make me angry
almost as much as emotional-non-poetic blogs

kaare.iverson said...

also
i have a blogger account now
and I'll be working at keeping it updated
...eventually
http://iverlog.blogspot.com/