4.12.07

The Business of Business Trips.

Tomorrow morning, I shall make my way to the nearest internet provider put in a reservation for a modem, and then I will make my way to Kanoya by bus, finish "World of Wonders", and stay until Saturday in my usual hotel, at which I will begin reading "The Chrysanthemum and The Sword".
From there I will have two days off, which I will use to sip tea and renew my Visa for another six months.
Hopefully everything runs smoothly regarding the Visa, because although I miss many of you immensely, I would hate to see you as a result of deportation. Plus, it's not my time to see you yet.
After my days off from there, I will head to Kumamoto (see: Hot Pussy) for a second week-long business trip. Which I will stay in another hotel, hopefully on the fresh pages of another book, and spend my remaining time with a fantastic man named Ian and his Japanese girlfriend who says "fuck you" better than any native English-speaker I've ever met.
After the business trips are complete, I will have a monthly Staff Meeting in Kumamoto, go to a Kagoshima+Kumamoto Peppy Area Combination Party (or "2-PAC", for short), return to Kokubu for a day off, and have yet another Staff Meeting the day after in Kagoshima.
After these shenanigans are complete, I will return to my humble abode which is getting more bamboo aesthetically added to it by the day, teach a class with my second (and secret) English-teaching job and wait for a few more days to pass, whereupon I will have finally conquered the battle of getting the internet just in time for Winter Holidays, which the company gives to all of us Peppy Teachers, because I guess some foreigners care about celebrating Christmas.

I'll just be happy for some time off, as well as the ability to Skype.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You sure are kept busy....That's exciting....about Skype.
Merry Christmas to you and a Happy Skype year...haha I just made that up ...no? really?