22.4.08

Clovers.

My friend Rieko constantly points out how "lucky" I am, as she puts it.
The other day we were sitting in my friend Yohei's house when she said,
"I really can't believe how lucky you are. You're too lucky. One of these days your luck will backfire on you, and when it does it'll be really bad because of how lucky you've been up to now. Maybe it will happen in China."
"That's a dangerous place for it to happen.", I replied.
"Yeah, you'll probably die. But I'm really excited for it to happen, because it will make things seem normal again. Make sure you tell me about it when it happens."
"You mean when I die?"
"Yeah, well, I'm Japanese, right? We all believe in ghosts. [menacing laugh]"

Three seconds later, my drink was finished.

Sometimes you just meet the right...people?

2 comments:

x said...

This girl sounds dangerous. Like finding ricin in your rice.

Angie Pants said...

This girl sounds like I should be holding her in the palm of my hand and feeding her chili peppers instead of peanuts while I casually stroke her head and stare disconcertingly at other people.