2.7.07

LJ Entry I

"June 13th, 2007

I have now technically begun to date my entries, it seems appropriate.
It's also about time.
I'm not sure who I'm writing to.
You, I suppose, if you're reading this, but I guess it'll end up being to my own memories.
I hope so.
This is my first day in Japan.
It was a long flight, first from Vancouver to San Fransisco, & from there to Nagoya.
No one really speaks English here.
I probably should've expected this, but for some reason I didn't expect such a drastic change into loneliness, probably because it's been since Lillooet that I've felt no social atmosphere.
The sushi here is wonderful, thank God.
The first place I went to there was a fairly tall, young, skinny Japanese man who prepared my food.I couldn't properly tell him how fucking good it was, so after eating I went to a bookstore & got a basic book on Japanese; tomorrow I plan to get a technical one.
The atmosphere is busy, yet gorgeous.
It really comes out at night.
It has these wonderful interludes of peace & calm amidst the large amounts of people.
I'm in one of these interludes right now; I'm using it to write.
On a side note, I don't think the japanese have any such thing as waste.
I see people smoking, & with the amount of stores & products it only follows that there would be a need to throw something out, but no.
There are no garbages, however the streets are unbelievably clean.
Thus my assumption that they produce no waste.
A second assumption is that they simply absorb what they use into their bodies, and convert it into energy, thus supplying power for their busy lifestyles.
Someone please prove me wrong, because I have several things of waste currently stored in my bag for the heavenly day that I find a trash bin.
I'm going to keep looking, & even if I don't find one, I'll certainly enjoy the search.
This country is beautiful."


"June 14th, 2007

I woke up very early this morning.
I planned to stay awake, but I started thinking about a certain someone, which kept me in bed, alone.
Sleep can be very comforting.
I'd like to begin reading & studying, which I should've started some of this morning, but I guess now it will be started in the afternoon.
I guess I shouldn't expect myself to perfectly adapt in the first day, but a large part of me wanted to.

There's an old-school samurai show that airs every day.
I've caught two episodes.

You can smoke anywhere you want, as long as it's indoors."

No comments: