4.7.07

New blog for a new city.

Suffice it to say, Livejournal just wasn't doing it for me.
I hope all dedicated fans will forgive me.

I'm now moved into Kokubu-chuo, in Kagoshima Prefecture, and Canada, I'm sorry to say, you could learn a thing or two about what green actually is.
Google images don't do it justice, so I'll try to post some photos of my own, which I will do upon my computer arriving.

I got a message from the Post Office on my door yesterday, saying there was something for me to pick up.
My hopes were incredibly high, and equally shattered upon finding it was a manual on how to properly sort the garbage, sent to me by my company.

It's far too humid here to sleep with anything.
Even a sheet proves to be the sweatiest thing ever, come morning.

I went to a bar I heard about called "Rastas" this evening after work.
I had an amazing drink of Shouchu mixed with Green tea that cost me ¥600.
I gave the bartender who was very nice up to that point ¥1000, and I received no change.
Upon asking him how much the drink was, he told me it was ¥600, I asked about the change, he told me it was because of the ¥400 "table tax".
Not being sure of how to properly say, "Although I may be foreign, I can still smell bullshit", I politely nodded in amazement, thanked him, and left for what I can only foresee as the last time.
I miss Yuji, Hiro, & the best bar I've ever been in.

There were so many memories from the last two weeks in Takatsuki.
I plan to write out my last unbelievable day there with Yuji, Hiro, & Nina, but as I can't hope to do it justice in the five minutes I have left on this computer, I will write it soon.


P.S.
If anyone wants to send me a letter, or a "care package" with some real maple syrup or coals for my hookah, I will e-mail you my address and love you forever and ever.

2 comments:

Skyla Bradley said...

welcome to 'blogger' :) i still have that book to send you, so email me your address so at least you can have something more exciting at the post office than a manual about garbage.
hope you are well. xox

Dezaelia said...

You will get something very grand indeed.
Just pass your address along...