2.7.07

LJ Entry V

"June 19th, 2007

I wanted to write something tonight, while I sat and stared at the screen at the internet cafe,
so I got a beer and drank it in about 10 seconds, give or take.

I don't really know why alchohol & writing get along so well, I guess they just met one night and had a lot in common,
like coffee and cigarettes,
or rain and comfort,
and the friendship blossomed from there.
I just ordered another.
"Otsukaresamadesu!"
The waitress smiled.
aaaaaaaaand, down.

I'm at Simple Minds' myspace, listening,
I don't think enough people gave them enough credit,
or maybe it was just me.
I am in a hotel that has a very small jazz bar right across the street from it.
I went there tonight and had a couple drinks and a great conversation with the bartender
and one other man sitting at the bar, who turned out to be his father.
They spoke English fairly well, and asked me what work I'm doing in Japan.
I told them that I am an English teacher.
I then improved their English skills,
in return for their promise to help me with my Japanese.
Upon learning my love for jazz, and the ability to play drums,
the bartender, who it turns out, plays stand-up bass,
wants to "play together" with me.

I imagine I'll be back every night until I leave for Kagoshima."

No comments: