8.7.07

untitled.

Tonight I was able to talk to some of my favourite people in the world.
Without hesitation, it's been a rough couple of days for me.

The finality of my destination has begun to run it's course, and it's been a little hard to cope.

It's a scary thing when the place you've always wanted might not be the place you were looking for, and when the fact is extinguished that home can't be in an area, what do you have when the land is all you've given yourself?
Needless to say, I've been trying to find value; something within myself that can find gratitude in where I am, and what I'm doing.
Gratefulness is the most important thing you can have.
To be content with nothing more than yourself is peace.
But the path to getting there is proving to be a tricky one.

A lot of this came alive to me when Hiro Minowa took me to see the Rock Garden at the Ryoanji Temple in Kyoto during my stay in Osaka.
There were fifteen rocks perfectly laid out by the Zen Master who built the temple.
His dream was to create a Japanese garden with no actual garden.
It is one of the most important things I have ever seen.
I segregated myself upon arriving and just stared, trying to understand it.
After a while I began to understand it's purpose.
It is something to show water without water, green without green, life without life.
It is radiance within simplicity, and the rocks themselves seemed to be sprouting out of the ground like bulky trees; with a force of life I've never seen before, and didn't know could happen.

The inability to accomplish something was accomplished through simply existing, and the limitations once believed no longer applied, because as the stones became content with what was given to them, existence expanded.
It was as though through first being content with limitation, limitation could not exist.
And from the stones flowed streams.

I need to learn this.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you posted some words....I have been feeling for you...and praying lots!
Love mom