2.7.07

LJ Entry III

"June 17th, 2007

It's a hard day to know what to write about.
A lot of mix-matching thoughts, new ideas, new contemplations.
I finished "The Great Gatsby" last night, and I highly recommend it.
"Let us show our frienship to the man when he is alive and not after he is dead."

Next will be "Cancer & Vitamin C", by Linus Pauling & Ewan Cameron.
I decided to not take the subway to my destination today, and instead to walk.
That was a poor choice--very poor.
It took me a few hours to actually get to my destination, I was very lost.
I did however get to use my limited knowledge of the language and ask people for directions, and fairly understood their responses.
I eventually made it to this internet cafe which I am now in, writing, complete with awesome sandal-blisters.
I ordered food and (free) drink from the computer, and they brought it to me, that was fun.
I met some Australians that are going to be in Osaka with me when training there begins.
This one girl named Nina and I became friends almost immediately, all it really takes is for someone to drop random film references into a conversation, and I'm sold.
We had a sake, beer, tea, and hookah session (Shane Koyczan, you now have an huge fan from Australia).
It's nice to have a friend, I was getting doubtful it would happen.
I found some Djarum Blacks today, they were about $1.50 for a half-pack, which is small and has good fashion.
I should probably leave here and go pick up my pictures that are being developed.
I dropped off 4 rolls, dating probably since January.
I'm so happy to finally be going to have some recent photography, check my Myspace soon, they will be added very soon providing I can get the time.

Training starts tomorrow.
It's still pretty hard to believe that I'm a teacher."

No comments: